When it comes to choosing a Medicare Supplement Plan, there’s a lot to consider. With all the information available online, it can also be a little confusing.
When asking what is a Medicare Supplement, it is first important to understand Medicare and how it works. Medicare covers 80% of approved health care expenses. Medicare Supplements, also known as Medigap Plans, are designed to cover the remaining 20%.
The following Medicare Supplement Benefit Guide will help you compare plans. There are only nine areas of coverage to consider when comparing. All standardized plans cover a portion of these benefits.